Attention all CEO.CA users! Back by popular demand, we are excited to announce our 2023 Stock Picking Contest.
Here's how it works: by January 9th at 9:29 AM EST, you must pick three different stocks and submit them to the #stockpickingcontest channel on CEO.CA. The contest is open to all CEO.CA users, so don't hesitate to join in on the fun.
To enter, simply post your three stock picks (as $tickers) to the #stockpickingcontest channel. Bonus points if you include a brief explanation of why you think they will perform well. You can use any criteria you like to make your selections - it could be a company's financials, industry trends, or even gut feeling. Just make sure to choose three distinct stocks, as duplicate picks will not be eligible for the contest.
The contest will run for one year, and on December 31, 2023, the top 20 users with the highest returns will be declared the winners with $2,500 worth of prizes courtesy of EarthLabs, Inc. (TSXV: $SPOT). The prize for first place is a $1,000 prize, with $500 and $250 going to second and third place, respectively and so on.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to showcase your stock picking skills and potentially walk away with some extra cash. Start researching and making your picks today, and we'll see you in the #stockpickingcontest channel when the contest begins on January 9th.
I would like to thank @EvenPrime and crew for creating and hosting this stock contest over the last few years. The amount of personal time and effort that went into this cannot be expressed in a mere sentence here. We are thrilled to carry the torch forward and create an incredible experience for all users.
The deadline for all entries is 9:29 AM (EST) on January 9, 2023. The Contest begins at 9:30 AM (EST) on January 9, 2023. The Contest closes on December 31, 2023 (Prices will be taken as of the last trading date of the year)
2023 Stock Picking Contest Rules
- Stock Selections: Select 3 different stocks and post the tickers into the #stockpickingcontest channel in one message.
- Exchanges: Stocks on TSXV, TSX, CSE, NEO, NASDAQ, NYSE, OTCQX/QB, LSE and ASX are eligible for the contest. If the stock does not have a page on CEO.CA, make sure to input the proper ticker in your message and add a country suffix to the ticker to ensure we capture it correctly. US Ticker should end with .US, LSE Ticker with .L and ASX Ticker with .AX
- Minimum Stock Price: CAD$0.05. If you select a stock with a lower starting price, we will adjust the starting price to $0.05.
- Equity Type: You must select an equity with common shares/units that are currently traded. Warrants/Rights are not eligible.
- M&A / Takeover: If one of your stocks completes a merger/take-over prior to December 31 and no longer trades then the final price of the equity as of completion of the M&A event will be used as your final % return.
NOTE – If you have already made a selection and wish to correct/edit your entry based on the current rules then message @Ham or @Mod_Rachel who will edit your original entry for you. Do NOT make multiple entries in the #stockpickingcontest channel.
A Shot at Winning $2,500
The Top 20 participants will receive Cash or CEO.CA Gift Cards redeemable for CEO PRO & the CEO.CA Shop (Shop.CEO.CA)
- First Place: $1,000
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $250
- Fourth Place: $150
- Fifth Place: $100
- Sixth Place – Tenth Place: $50
- Eleventh Place – Twentieth Place: $25
The Legal Stuff & Full Contest Details
Disclaimer: Selected winners will be personally contacted by CEO.CA (the “Company”). Winners will be announced on January 1, 2024. All platforms and social media accounts of the Company (individually and collectively, the "Platform(s)") including, but not limited to, CEO.CA, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, YouTube and Instagram are intended for entertainment purposes only. By participating on the Platforms, you agree to comply with the below guidelines as well as any and all relevant terms and/or rules for any and all applicable Platforms.
CEO.CA has in no way passed upon the merits of any investment or the prospectivity of any company or its property or other interests, whether submitted in connection with the Contest or otherwise, and has nor and shall not in any way approved nor disapproved of any investment. The winners of the Contest shall be determined by CEO.CA based upon stock submissions who fit within the guidelines above.
NEITHER THE PUBLISHING OF ANY CONTEST SUBMISSIONS NOR THE DETERMINATION OF ANY WINNERS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL CONSTITUTE THE DIRECT OR INDIRECT ENDORSEMENT OF ANY INVESTMENT OR THIRD PARTY WHATSOEVER, AND CEO.CA ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY SUBMISSION IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST.
Any content, views, opinions and/or responses uploaded, expressed or submitted by the users to any of the Platforms, including on web pages, message boards and groups, or otherwise communicated through any of the Platforms, including without limitation all submissions in connection with the Contest, are solely the views, opinions and responsibility of the person submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Company. The Company is not responsible for content that any third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via the Platforms, including without limitation, any submissions in connection with the Contest.
The Company does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information available on any of the Platforms in connection with the Contest or otherwise, and does not endorse any investment in any listed issuer promoted in connection therewith. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. Third party submissions to the Contest may include links to other web pages, but these links are not an endorsement of those web pages and the Company is not responsible for the content of any web site that is not operated directly by Company.
All opinions, comments and submissions must comply with all Company policies. The Company does not condone any form of harassment, written attacks, insults, vulgarity or indecency whether perpetrated in writing or the transmission of images. You agree not to do any of the following: (1) upload to or transmit using any of the Platforms, any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent, hate speech or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner; (2) use any of the Platforms to violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction; (3) misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organization; (4) upload to or transmit on any Platform any advertisements or solicitations of business; (5) upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data; (6) collect information about others (including e-mail addresses) without their consent; (7) upload files or photos or include in a comment links that you know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally using the Platforms or that you have an obligation to keep confidential; (8) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of any Platform, or which, as determined by Company, as applicable, may harm Company or visitors to any of the Platforms or expose them to liability; or (9) make any reference in any submission to the Contest to any company in respect of which you or any of your immediate family members is an employee or “insider” as defined under the Securities Act (Ontario).
The Company reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to edit or delete any material it deems inappropriate for any Platform and its visitors or terminate any user's ability to access its Platforms at its sole discretion. However, the Company can neither review all material that is posted nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material. Accordingly, the Company assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. The Company has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or non-performance of the activities described in this paragraph.
Your failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the termination of your access to the Platforms.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CEO.CA, ITS RELATED AND AFFILIATE COMPANIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ASSIGNS, ATTORNEYS, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY CONTENT COMMUNICATED ON OR THROUGH ONE OR MORE PLATFORMS, WHETHER BY COMPANY OR A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY SUBMISSIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE AVAILABILITY, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY INFORMATION COMMUNICATED ON ANY OF THE PLATFORMS, OR FOR THE PARTICIPATION IN, OR RELIANCE UPON ANY SUBMISSIONS IN CONNECTION WITH, THE CONTEST
“2023 Stock Picking Contest”
This Contest is governed by Canadian law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Official Rules. The “$2K CEO.CA Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by CEO.CA (the “Sponsor”).
1. TERM - The Contest begins at 9:30 AM (EST) on January 9, 2023. The deadline for all entries into the Contest is 9:29 AM (EST) on January 9, 2023 (the "Contest Closing Time"). Any Entries received after the Contest Closing Time will be ineligible. Ineligible Entries will not entered into the judging phase of the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY – The Contest is open to individuals who (i) are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry; (ii) are legal residents of the United States, Canada, or another country that is not listed as a Prohibited Jurisdiction below; and (iii) are not listed as a Prohibited Person below.
Prohibited Jurisdictions: All countries on the United States’ list of embargoed countries (which you can find here), Afghanistan, Australia, Bahamas, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Cambodia, Chad, China, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Germany, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Iran, Iraq, Iraq, Italy, Jamaica, Lebanon, Mali, Myanmar, Nicaragua, North Korea, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Singapore, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania (the United Republic of), Thailand, Trinidad, and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe, and any other country where local laws would prohibit an entry into the Contest.
Prohibited Persons: The Contest is not open to employees and those domiciled with an employee or immediate family member of an employee (including, sibling, parent/guardian, child, spouse (including common law)) of the Sponsor or its affiliates. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of a potential prize winner, including but not limited to requesting government issued photo identification.
3. HOW TO ENTER – The Contest does not require a purchase for entry. To enter the Contest, entrants must follow the outlined steps below. Failure to comply with the necessary steps below will result in disqualification, and such ineligible entries will not be entered into the judging phase of the Contest.
Step 1: Entrants are to select any 3 publicly listed companies traded on a public stock exchange listed here: TSXV, TSX, CSE, NEO, NASDAQ, NYSE, OTCQX/QB, LSE and ASX.
Step 2: Entrants are to submit their entries by posting their stock picks on the #stockpickingcontest channel. Entries must include #stockpickingcontest within the post. Entrants must ensure that their post fits within CEO.CA’s House Rules. Posts that do not follow the House Rules will be removed by the Moderation Team and will not be entered into the judging phase of the Contest.
4. ENTRY LIMIT – Entrants may only submit 3 publicly listed stocks and may NOT enter more than 3 stocks for the Contest. If more than 3 stocks are submitted for the Contest then the first 3 stocks submitted will be used as the Entrant’s submission.
5. LATE/FAILED ENTRIES - The Sponsor takes no responsibility for late entries, or entries not successfully uploaded. Receipt of entries shall not be acknowledged.
6. ENTRY CONTENT - Entries must be the original work of the entrant and not copied from any source.
7. USE OF CONTENT – By participating in the Contest, entrants expressly authorize CEO.CA to host the entrants' content on their behalf.
8. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION– Any personal information collected from an entrant by the Sponsor will be used solely for the purpose of administering the Contest and will not be published or provided to any third party without the prior written consent of the entrant.
9. CONTEST PRIZES: - There are twenty (20) prizes to be won; 1st Place Prize, 2nd Place Prize and 3rd Place Prize and so on. Entrants who submit multiple entries will not be eligible to win multiple prizes. In the event an entrant submits multiple entries and wins a Prize, the entrant will be ineligible to win a second prize of lesser value. Each Prize will consist of a cash prize (in Canadian currency) or CEO.CA gift card of the following amounts:
• First Place: $1,000
• Second Place: $500
• Third Place: $250
• Fourth Place: $150
• Fifth Place: $100
• Sixth Place – Tenth Place: $50
• Eleventh Place – Twentieth Place: $25
10. WINNERS SELECTION – A panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor will judge all eligible entries submitted. The panel will calculate the percentage return of the selected stocks within the Contest Period to determine the total percentage gain and/or loss incurred by each Entrant to select a 1st Place Prize winner, a 2nd Place Prize winner, a 3rd Place Prize winner and so on. Entries will be judged based on total combined percentage return of the 3 stock selections. In the event of a tie, [Most positive picks win]. If still tied, [multiply each company gain/loss together - whoever is highest wins]
11. JUDGES DECISION FINAL - The decision of the panel is final and in the absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
12. WINNER NOTIFICATION PROCESS – The winners of the respective prizes will each be personally contacted by CEO.CA. Winners will be contacted and announced on January 1, 2024. Winners will be contacted through CEO.CA or via email, telephone or mail. If a winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the Sponsor reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant selected in accordance with these Official Rules. No correspondence will be entered into with entrants other than the winners.
13. CANCELLATION - The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest without notice at any stage if it is deemed necessary in the absolute discretion of the Sponsor or where events beyond their control prevent proper administration of the Contest.
14. SOCIAL MEDIA DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or Twitter. Entrants are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or Twitter. The information provided by entrants will be used only to administer this Contest. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are released of all liability from each entrant in this Contest. By participating on the platforms, you agree to comply with all relevant terms and/or rules for any and all applicable Platforms. Any questions regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
15. DISCLAIMER - The Sponsor takes no responsibility for any failure of the Contest website during the Contest or for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, on-line, or entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entrance into this Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The Sponsor reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to edit or delete any material it deems inappropriate for any platform and its visitors or terminate any user's ability to access its platforms at its sole discretion. However, the Sponsor can neither review all material that is posted nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material. Accordingly, the Sponsor assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. The Sponsor has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or non-performance of the activities described in this paragraph.
Under no circumstances will CEO.CA, its related and affiliate companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, owners, employees, agents, assigns, attorneys, and/or representatives, be responsible or liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in the content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any content communicated on or through one or more platforms, whether by the Sponsor or a third party, including without limitation, any submissions associated with the Contest. In no event shall the Sponsor be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the availability, use or performance of any information communicated on any of the platforms, or for the participation in, or reliance upon any submissions in connection with, the Contest.
16. GOVERNING LAW - These Official Rules and any disputes arising out of them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Canadian law.
17. SEVERABILITY – Each of the terms of these Official Rules operates separately. If any court of relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining terms will remain in full force and effect.
18. SPONSOR INFORMATION – The Sponsor of this Contest is CEO.CA. Copies of Contest rules are available upon request by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to: CEO.CA Technologies Ltd. 69 Yonge Street, Suite 1010, Toronto, Ontario, M5E 1K3. Any questions about the Contest should be directed to email@example.com.